- This event has passed.
Introduction to WordPress
December 15, 2014 @ 1:00 pm - December 16, 2014 @ 4:00 pm$50 – $150
Learn how to setup and manage a self-hosted WordPress site. This class is a great intro for anybody interested in running a self-hosted WordPress installation.
Duration: This session runs 1pm-4pm on 12/15 & 12/16 for a total of 6 hours.
Prerequistes: You must know how to download and install software, extract a ZIP archive, and use a web browser. Basic knowledge of web hosting and databases is also very helpful.
- Finding Hosting
- Installing and Configuring WordPress
- Creating and Managing Content
- Working with Menus
- Using Themes and Widgets
- Using Plug-ins
- Managing Users
If you plan to follow along with the exercises during class, which we very highly recommend, you must have the appropriate software installed on your computer before class begins if you wish to follow along. For this class you will need:
- WAMP or MAMP
- A copy of the latest WordPress files, unzipped and placed in the web root directory on your computer
- A MySQL database named wordpress
- A copy of the course files; you’ll receive a link to them once your course registration has been approved.
Having trouble with the setup? Make sure you contact us before class is scheduled to begin! If you’re attending the class in College Park, come at least 30 minutes early if you need some help with setting up your computer.
Please note that all times are EDT.